What do we do?
Lojic Institute offers evidence-based skill assessment and program development to address a full range of skill deficits for individuals with developmental or acquired disabilities. We utilise expert-developed assessment protocols that cover a range of functional and communicative skills across the age range to help inform the goals for skill development programs. Significant people in the client’s life are involved in every step of the process to ensure that any goals selected are socially important for the client and their support network.
Skill areas that we can assist with include:
Food selectivity and meal time behaviours
Compliance and direction following
Daily living skills (e.g., showering, cooking, toothbrushing)
Communication and Language
Community participation skills
Desensitisation for medical appointments, hairdressers, etc.
Safety skills (e.g., crossing the road)
Play and social skills
Night time routines and sleep
What do you get?
- Expert behaviour knowledge and experience – Lojic Institute clinicians have expert knowledge and experience in applied behaviour analysis, skill assessments, skill development plans, and teaching techniques. Lojic Institute clinicians have extensive experience in applying this knowledge in all settings.
- Practical support and application – Working alongside families and support teams, Lojic Institute staff use their extensive practical experience to offer understanding and practical application of the technical behaviour skills required to teach new skills and work through skill deficits.
- Flexibility – the Lojic Institute team approach is designed to be adapted to fit the client’s needs and to ensure that our recommendations can be implemented by all of the people involved in their lives. If something is not working or is not practical we will work with the significant people in the individual’s life to ensure the best outcomes for everyone.
- Collaborative team approach – Lojic Institute staff will work as a team with significant people in the individual’s life to ensure appropriate skills are developed and outcomes are generalised and valid across settings and places. Where necessary, other professionals (e.g., physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, medical practitioners etc) will be incorporated into the team approach.
- A coach to walk beside you during implementation – the Lojic Institute team approach includes behaviour coaches to support you in your home to ensure the developed plans are valid, useful and user-friendly and that you receive support where specific techniques are required.
- Training and support – Lojic Institute services are based on ensuring all people involved are confident in their ability to continue to successfully teach new skills and to leave all involved people more informed, understanding and better equipped to help address the client’s skill deficits.
What won’t you get?
- Lojic Institute does not select goals or create skill acquisition programs without your involvement as an active partner.
- Lojic Institute does not support unsustainable goals or service delivery – we will fade out our support.
- Lojic Institute does not support leaving you alone to implement a program
- Lojic Institute does not work in isolation but will refer to other discipline specialists or professional staff where required and consults with other professionals in your team upon discussion with you.
- Lojic Institute does not use a “cookie cutter” approach to skill development instead every plan is individualised.